Hello, it’s me, I’m still around.
I watched a really interesting documentary the other night called RiP: A Remix Manifesto, http://www.ripremix.com/.
The film’s creator, Brett Gaylor, discussed topics such as the origins of copyright, the possibilities of a 'copyleft' society, and the effect on a file-sharing, Yo ho ho and a bottle of rum digital age.
The film also mentioned a non-profit organization called
Creative Commons, http://creativecommons.org/about/, which was quite intriguing. From what I gather, it’s a collective that gives artists more precise usage terms for their work, their aim, to facilitate the sharing of ideas. I’m going to read further into this.
Anyhow, I thought the film was terrific. Even if the topics discussed in this documentary jab at your core beliefs as an artist, they’re certainly food for thought. But don’t take my word for it, check out the film and let me know what you think. I’ve remixed, chopped and cropped this blog post to death already.

No comments:
Post a Comment